If you are using Netflix then you get the Netflix error 40104 “Cannot play title. Please try again later” error once in your whole subscription. It typically points to a network connectivity issue that is preventing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from reaching the Netflix service.
This error is one of the most common Netflix error that doesn’t need too much attention. However, there are some people who get this error while watching their favorite Netflix Series.
We faced Netflix error 40104 so many times, so before going to the solution, we must need to know why such error occurs.
What are the causes of Netflix Error 40104?
- Maybe the Netflix server is down. In this case, you cannot do anything except wait it out.
- The Netflix error 40104 occurs when there’s a network connectivity issue with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- When you attempt to Airplay a downloaded title.
- Maybe your Netflix app is outdated.
So these are some common reasons for Netflix Error 40104. Below are some solutions to the error ‘Cannot play title. Please try again later. (40104)‘.
Solution 1: Restart Your iPhone, iPad or iPod
This is the most common solution to every Netflix error. So, when you get any Netflix error, the first thing you need to do is restart your device.
- Press the Sleep/Wake button and hold it, until the red slider is visible.
- Drag the slider to totally turn off your device.
- After 10 seconds you can switch back on your device by pressing the Sleep/Wake button.
- Try Netflix again once your device is powered.
Solution 2: Check your Network Connectivity
You should first check internet connectivity if the Netflix Error 40104 appears during the streaming of Netflix. This is because this disturbing error causes an Internet connection problem, preventing your device from accessing the Netflix server.
If you stream from University, Hotel or Business place, There are lots of chances that the network administrator may have disabled access to streaming services.
So first check your internet connection on whatever the device you are using.
Solution 3: Download the Title Again
If you experiencing the Netflix Error 40104 on your downloaded title too, then you need to download it again. Because sometimes your downloaded video is expired and you might have missed that notification.
follow the below steps to remove the downloaded videos:
- Tap on the Downloads icon (if you don’t see the Downloads icon, tap the Menu icon ( ), and then My Downloads.
- Tap on Edit (upper right corner of your screen).
- Tap on the red X icon to remove the title from your device and then download the title again.
Solution 4: Turn Off Airplay
You may not be conscious of the downloaded titles, but Airplay presently does not help them. You must, therefore, switch off Airplay by the following measures:
- Open the Netflix app and look for Airplay.
- Select the iOS device from the list.
- Open the Netflix app and start continuing to watch your video. Hopefully, Netflix error 40104 should be fixed by now.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Netflix App
Maybe this issue is caused by the old version of the Netflix app. So, reinstall the Netflix app with the new version (If your app doesn’t update).
Note:- Deleting the Netflix app will also delete any titles you have downloaded to the device. So you may need your Apple ID and password to reinstall the app once it has been removed.
So these are some methods to solve the Netflix Error 40104 ‘Cannot play title. Please try again later. (40104)’. Please let us know if you have closely followed all the methods and are still getting the same wrong. You will also be able to comment on your queries below.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials and more.