If you are going to create your own website with Bluehost you definitely thought the question ‘Is single domain SSL Bluehost worth it’ while choosing Bluehost package extras.
Bluehost offers different useful package extras while signing up with Bluehost hosting and lots of users get stuck in that situation.
If you are a beginner you may be confused between web hosting package extras. Bluehost single domain SSL is one of them.
Lots of people Google some queries like what is single domain SSL Bluehost? Is single domain SSL Bluehost worth it? Is Bluehost single domain SSL worth it? And so on.
So, Here in this article, I’m going to solve all the questions related to Bluehost Single domain SSL and also show you:
- Is it necessary to add a single domain SSL in your billing amount or not?
- In which condition do you need to buy a single domain SSL Bluehost?
- A complete Bluehost single domain SSL Review 2022.
And lots more.
But before that, if you haven’t signup with Bluehost hosting yet then I am very excited to give you my exclusive Bluehost discount that will give you 67% off on all Bluehost plans + a free domain name for a year.
- Bluehost Review 2022 | Introduction
- What is Single Domain SSL Bluehost?
- Pros & Cons of Single Domain SSL Bluehost
- Pricing of Single Domain SSL Bluehost
- Let’s Encrypt vs Paid SSL (Single Domain SSL)
- Alternative to Single Domain SSL Bluehost
- Is Single Domain SSL Bluehost Worth It?
- What To Choose Between Free and Paid SSL?
Bluehost Review 2022 | Introduction
Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting providers in the world hosting more than 2+ million domains in the world.
It is also known as the fastest budget-friendly web hosting provider starting at just $2.95 per month including a free domain and a free SSL certificate.
At an additional cost, Bluehost also offers some package extras which we called extra add-ons.
These add-ons are Jetpack Backup Daily ($2.99/month), Yoast SEO Premium ($2.99/month), Single Domain SSL ($3.33/month), and Sitelock Security ($2.99/month).
Some packages are mandatory to choose while others depend on your need and budget.
There are lots of Bluehost website examples that are doing really well on search engines.
Here are the detailed features of Bluehost hosting:
- Free Domain for 1st Year
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited SSD Storage
- Free Website Migration
- 99.98% Uptime Guarantee
- Automated Site Backup
- Easy To Use cPanel
- One-Click WordPress Installation
- $200 Marketing Offers
- 24/7 Tech Support
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
What is Single Domain SSL Bluehost?
Bluehost single domain SSL is a package extra offered by Bluehost that enables one of your domains. Basically, it is a certificate that protects your website from malicious users.
If your website is not secure people will not buy anything from your website.
The single domain SSL Bluehost maximizes your site’s trustworthiness with an SSL certificate.
It ensures that your customer’s data is safe, including their usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers.
Bluehost Single domain also called positive SSL comes with a warranty of $10,000 to provide you an assurance that your site is safe to collect payments from customers.
Pros & Cons of Single Domain SSL Bluehost
- It indicates that your website is safe and users can purchase anything from your website.
- The single domain SSL increases the trustworthiness of your website.
- Bluehost single domain SSL secures your website from malicious users and safeguards your customers’ sensitive information, including their credit card details.
- It shows the padlock icon on your domain name which means your website is safe to browse.
- Bluehost single domain SSL gives you a unique dedicated IP address for your website.
- The positive SSL covers a warranty of $10,000 to cover any loss.
- It protects only one of your domain names. You have to purchase it separately for each of your domains.
- The renewal cost of this addon is almost double the initial cost.
Pricing of Single Domain SSL Bluehost
When you click on my unique link for maximum discount and go to the checkout page of Bluehost, you can see there is a 1-year hosting deal that costs you $33 without adding any package addon.
This is the maximum discount of Bluehost hosting for the first year period.
The initial price of a single domain SSL certificate is $3.33 per month for the first year which is billed annually in your hosting plan.
When you add the single domain SSL certificate to your plan then this certificate costs you $39.96 for the first year period that will be added to your billing.
After the first year, the renewal Bluehost single domain SSL price is $6.67 per month.
The renewal price of this premium SSL may be seen in your Bluehost control panel by following this path:
Marketplace > Addon > SSL Certificate
So the total cost of renewing the Bluehost Single Domain SSL is $80.04 per year.
Let’s Encrypt vs Paid SSL (Single Domain SSL)
You may need to know what is the difference between Free SSL (let’s encrypt) and Paid SSL (single domain SSL) while choosing Bluehost.
It’s very expensive when you pay extra as much as your hosting amount for a premium SSL certificate.
So, let’s check out What Is The Difference Between Let’s Encrypt SSL And Single Domain SSL:
The main reason behind choosing paid SSL between Let’s encrypt and paid SSL is you will get a $10,000 warranty in case the certificate fails to prevent any fraudulent activity on your website which results in the loss of their money.
It is like insurance of your domain name if any fraud happens on your website. However, the free one doesn’t offer any such warranty.
Another huge difference between let’s encrypt vs paid SSL certificate Bluehost is the limitation of domain names. The single domain SSL covers only one domain you own in your hosting package.
One of the most important reasons to select a premium SSL is liability protection.
However, you can purchase another premium SSL plan which covers your single domain + Subdomain SSL which costs you $19.99 per month.
Let’s Encrypt SSL, on the other hand, covers all parked and assigned domains as well as subdomains in your Bluehost account.
Dedicated IP Address
Getting a dedicated IP address for your website is the best way to avoid fraud and can benefit you in different ways.
The Bluehost single domain SSL certificate comes with one dedicated IP address while the let’s encrypt SSL doesn’t offer any.
Alternative to Single Domain SSL Bluehost
If you don’t want to purchase the single domain SSL Bluehost then you should get the free alternative to it.
The best free alternative to Bluehost single domain SSL certificate is ‘Let’s Encrypt SSL’ offered by Bluehost on their all hosting plans.
In most cases, it’s enough to protect your website from spammers and safe to collect online payments.
You can add it to the unlimited domain you own as well as the all subdomains in your hosting.
Is Single Domain SSL Bluehost Worth It?
The answer is No, I don’t recommend you spend your money on Bluehost single domain SSL while purchasing Bluehost web hosting plans.
Bluehost provides a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate on all of your hosting plans that is enough for your domain and subdomains.
After signing up with the host, you can quickly enable it from your Bluehost control panel.
Let’s Encrypt is a shared SSL certificate for numerous websites hosted on the same IP address. You also don’t need to renew it after one year or two.
So, instead of spending money on the premium SSL certificate, choose the free alternative to the Bluehost single domain SSL.
It will give you the same level of protection without spending any extra money.
What To Choose Between Free and Paid SSL?
Now, At this point in my tutorial, you know everything about free SSL and paid SSL Bluehost. So, let’s discuss which SSL is best according to your needs.
You’ll probably be comfortable with free Let’s Encrypt SSL if you:
- Just created a new website that doesn’t need any dedicated IP address.
- If you are a blogger and just started your blogging journey.
- Want to avoid additional charges on your web hosting bill.
- Want to avoid high renewal charges of single domain SSL that cost you nearly $6.67per month.
You need to purchase the Single Domain SSL Bluehost if you:
- Have a big eCommerce website with a huge number of visitors.
- Accept online payments on your website.
- Want insurance or a warranty if anything gets wrong with your website.
- Have personal or financial data of your customers.
I hope this tutorial helps you to choose between free SSL or Bluehost single domain SSL. I don’t recommend you to get the premium SSL certificate as the pricing is too high and the renewal cost of Bluehost paid SSL is almost double.
If you have not purchased the Bluehost hosting plan yet, you can use our exclusive link to get a 70% discount on web hosting including a free domain.
You can read your guide on how to purchase hosting from Bluehost If you are getting any problems while purchasing the hosting plan.