The 8 digit backup code is one of the most interesting features of Google. Google provides the world’s best services to its customers and 8 digit backup code is one of them. Google users make a Google account to enjoy every single service which Google provides to their customers.
So, the security of the account is also the main factor why you go through the two-step verification & 8 digit backup code.
Sometimes users lost their smartphones and their personal data goes on another hand. In such a case, they can’t get any codes via text, voice call or Google Authenticator. Some users also secure their account with two-step verification, In this case, they need a code to complete the sign-in process.
If the user’s 8 digit backup code lost or they forgot 8 digit backup code of google, here is the process is given below-
How to Generate 8 Digit Backup Code for Gmail
These are some steps to get 8 digit backup code Google–
- First, you need to sign with your Google Account.
- Then go to your 2-step verification page, You’ill need to type your password a second time to access this page.
- Scroll down and search for backup code sections.
- Click on show codes.
- You can enter the “Download” to save a text file to contain the codes to your device or you can print the codes.
You’ll get your new backup code by following the above process. If you lost your backup code and already used all the codes, then you need to select “get new code”, then you will get a new set of backup codes and an old set of backup codes becomes inactive.
If a user can not locate downloaded backup codes in other situations, they must scan their device with their username “backup-codes-username.txt.”
If you need to get a solution for this issue “how do I get my 8 digit backup codes for Gmail”, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Locate the backup codes first.
- After that, go to the sign-in page of the Google service.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on “try another way to sign in”
- Click on “enter one of your 8-digit backup codes”
- You have to enter the backup codes and sign in to your account.
Create Google Backup Codes for Android-
If you want to create Google backup codes on Android, then you can follow the steps listed below-
- First, you need to open “settings” on your android phone or tablet.
- Then go to the accounts and tap on the “Google”
- Open “manage your Google account”
- Select “security”
- Then select “2 step verification”, and enter your password.
- Select the “show codes”, in the backup codes section.
- For save the text file, select “download”
These are some solutions for “How to Find 8 Digit Backup Code” on Gmail, Google, and Android. If you have any queries related to the backup code process, then you can tell me in the comments section.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials and more.