Netflix Error 5009 is one of the most common errors in the Netflix app. It typically points to a network connectivity issue that is preventing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from reaching the Netflix service.
We faced Netflix error 5009 so many times, so before going to the solution, we must need to know why such error occurs.
What are the causes of Netflix Error 5009?
- Maybe Netflix server is down. In this case, you cannot do anything except wait it out.
- The Netflix error 5009 occurs when there’s a network connectivity issue with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Maybe Netflix is blocked from the network administrator.
- Maybe your Netflix app is outdated.
So these are some common reasons for Netflix Error 5009. Below are some solutions to the error ‘Cannot play title. Please try again later. (5009)‘.
Solution 1: Restart Your iPhone, iPad or iPod
- Press the Sleep/Wake button and hold it, until the red slider is visible.
- Drag the slider to totally turn off your device.
- After 10 seconds you can switch back on your device by pressing the Sleep/Wake button.
- Try Netflix again once your device is powered.
Solution 2: Check your Network Connectivity
You should first check internet connectivity if the Netflix Error 5009 appears during the streaming of Netflix. This is because this disturbing error causes an Internet connection problem, preventing your device from accessing the Netflix server.
If you stream from University, Hotel or Business place, There are lots of chances that the network administrator may have disabled access to streaming services.
So first check your internet connection on whatever the device you are using.
Solution 3: Download the Title Again
If you experiencing the Netflix Error 5009 on your downloaded title too, then you need to download it again. Because sometimes your downloaded video is expired and you might have missed that notification.
follow the below steps to remove the downloaded videos:
- Tap on the Downloads icon (if you don’t see the Downloads icon, tap the Menu icon ( ) and then My Downloads.
- Tap on Edit (upper right corner of your screen).
- Tap on the red X icon to remove the title from your device and then download the title again.
Solution 4: Try a Different Internet Connection
Try to stream video with your cellular data on your device. We generally don’t advise streaming over a data network as a fix, it’s a good way to see if a current or home network configuration issue is what’s keeping you from streaming reliably.
If you’re able to stream video with a different internet connection then we advise you to contact your internet service provider to fix the Netflix Error 5009.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Netflix App
Maybe this issue is caused by the old version of the Netflix app. So, reinstall the Netflix app with the new version (If your app doesn’t update).
Note:- Deleting the Netflix app will also delete any titles you have downloaded to the device. So you may need your Apple ID and password to reinstall the app once it has been removed.
So these are some methods to solve the Netflix Error 5009 ‘Cannot play title. Please try again later. (5009)’. Please let us know if you have closely followed all the methods and are still getting the same wrong. You will also be able to comment on your queries below.