If you’re running a website on WordPress then you must create a page of a contact form. WordPress has lots of contact form plugins and the contact form 7 is one of them. It has 1 million+ installations on WordPress. And many people get this common error of this plugin which is Failed to send your message error.
1. Your message was sent successfully with the green border, but you don’t receive the email.
- When you have problems with your mail server settings, the situation usually happens. The spam filter sometimes causes the problem.
2. Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another way notice with yellow borders.
- If the submitted form is considered spam, this notice appears. You can receive this notification with the Akismet plugin that will filter spam messages if you use Contact Form 7 3.0 or earlier. If the notice appears again, disable it.
- If you use Contact Form 7 3.1 or its higher version, the cache is the reason for this notice. If the cache stays longer than 24 hours, the verification may fail and you will be notified of the error. To avoid this error notice, clear cache more frequently.
3. Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another way notice with red color borders.
- If you get this kind of notice, you probably have problems with the settings of the mail server.
Fixing “Failed to Send Your Message” Error
- First, let’s find out which form of contact causes errors. Log in to the Administration panel and navigate on the left to the Pages tab. Find the contact form page and copy the shortcode of the contact form.
- In your Dashboard, access the Contact tab in the left sidebar. Find the contact form with the corresponding shortcode and proceed to editing it. Find the corresponding shortcode contact form and edit it.
- Switch to the contact form’s Mail tab and locate the body of the message. If the field is empty, copy one of the fields from the tab Form and paste it into the field Message.
Make sure to wrap the code using the “” square bracket. It will cause errors in other cases.
- If you have updated the plugin Contact Form 7, the tags you use in the form tab of your contact form may not be up to date.
- Replace the old tags with the new ones, which can be viewed at the top of the Form tab.
Now you’ll know how to solve Failed to send your message error.