Netflix has some of the most annoying errors than any other streaming app. If you’re using Netflix then you must get the Netflix Error code 11800 once in your whole subscription. Almost every device gets lots of Netflix error daily, some of which are: Netflix error 12646, Netflix error 0013, Netflix error NW-3-6 and so on.
If you have the error code 11800, the message pops up like:
“A problem occurred while playing this item. Try again later, or select a different item. Go to www.netflix.com/support for more information.” or “Cannot play title. Please try again later.”
Netflix error code 11800 generally points to a network connectivity issue that is preventing your iPhone, iPad or iPod from reaching the Netflix services. We faced Netflix error 11800 on iPhone, iPad or iPod so many times, so before going to the solution, we must need to know why such error occurs.
What are the causes of Netflix Error code 11800?
The cause of the Netflix error code 11800 is not specified but some of the things could cause this error which are:
- The error code 11800 occurs when there’s a network connectivity issue with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and Apple TV.
- You’re using a virtual private network that is preventing your device from reaching the Netflix services.
- Maybe you’re searching too much stuff on Netflix.
So these are some common reasons for Netflix Error Code 11800. Below are some solutions to fix this error code.
Solution 1: Restart Your iPhone, iPad or iPod and Apple TV
If you get Error Code 11800, you should be restarting your streaming service because this is the first and easiest way to solve this error. To do this follow the below steps:
For Apple TV
- Turn off Apple TV and TV.
- Then unplug both Apple TV and TV for two to three minutes.
- Plug both devices back in.
- Turn on both devices.
- Try Netflix again.
For iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Press the Sleep/Wake button and hold it, until the red slider is visible.
- Drag the slider to totally turn off your device.
- After 10 seconds you can switch back on your device by pressing the Sleep/Wake button.
- Try Netflix again once your device is powered.
Solution 2: Change the DNS Settings
You can fix the error code 11800 by changing the DNS settings manually. Contact your internet service provider and ask the DNS settings or use Google DNS settings. If you have your DNS settings then follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple TV
- Click on General>>Network.
- Click on your network to view the network information.
- Click on Configure DNS.
- Change to Manual.
- Enter your DNS.
- Click Done and that’s it.
If you want to use Google’s DNS Settings to resolve streaming issues, you can use either 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 — that translates to the format 008.008.008.008 or 008.008.004.004 on Apple TV.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Netflix App
Maybe this issue is caused by the old version of the Netflix app. So, reinstall the Netflix app with the new version (If your app doesn’t update).
Note:- Deleting the Netflix app will also delete any titles you have downloaded to the device. So you may need your Apple ID and password to reinstall the app once it has been removed.
So these are some methods to fix the Netflix Error 11800 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and Apple TV’. Please let us know if you have closely followed all the methods and are still getting the same wrong. You will also be able to comment on your queries below.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials and more.