If you want to install WordPress on Godaddy, Godaddy is the world’s largest hosting and domain registrar company and WordPress is also the largest content management system. Almost 172 million websites are on WordPress according to a survey published by Netcraft. Using both together should be fun as well as knowing how to install WordPress on GoDaddy domain or subdomain.
In this Tutorial, I’ll explain the step by step process of how to install WordPress on Godaddy Hosting Account.
How to Install WordPress on Godaddy
- Login to your Godaddy Account and go to your hosting panel in which you want to install WordPress.
- Once you are in the hosting panel navigate web hosting.
- Click to the hosting account which you want to use and click Manage.
- Click WordPress under Options & Settings in the section Popular Apps.
- Tap on Install Button.
- Fill the on-screen field and then click ok-
- Domain — Choose the domain you want to use on your account.
- Installing Directory — Enter the directory that you want to install WordPress after the domain name. If you want WordPress to use the domain name itself, you should leave the directory field blank.
- Creating a database with name and password.
- Enter an Admin Name and Password (and confirmation), Email Address and Title of the Blog.
Once all the necessary setup has been configured, the request will be submitted as a final step for installation. Check your installation status under “Manage My Applications” and wait until the status appears as “Successfully installed.” It may take up to a few hours to complete this process.
In the “Hosting > Databases > MySQL” section, you can also check the database creation status. Once the database is created, the status will appear as “Setup” and by clicking on the name you can view the database details.
I hope you learned how to Install WordPress on Godaddy Hosting account.