Do you want to delete your WordPress account or WordPress site? Delete WordPress account is not a very tough task to do. Sometime you may just want to get rid of it all. Many bloggers don’t know about how to delete a WordPress account properly.
In this tutorial, You’ll learn how to delete your WordPress.com account, website or if you are using the self-hosted version of WordPress, how to properly delete your WordPress website, database, and database user from web hosting account using cPanel.
How to delete a WordPress.Org Site
If you have registered a domain and bought web hosting to set up your website and now you want to delete your self-hosted website, you have to login to your hosting control panel.
To delete your self-hosted WordPress website, Follow the instructions:
- log into your hosting c-panel.
- click on the file manager and select your website (if you have multiple websites)
- click on public_html or www folder
- select all files and folder and delete them.
Under the public_html directory, If you have a single website, You will see a list of many WordPress files and folder including these:
and many other files. Select and delete all files and folders.
If you have multiple websites on your web hosting server, you will see a list of all domain names, which contains files and folders of your websites. In the above screenshot, You can see We have multiple websites.
If you want to delete demo.example.com from our web server, we can right click on this folder name and delete it. Be careful and don’t delete the wrong website folders and files.
If you have multiple websites, You should not delete the main folder of your website, open the folder and delete all the WordPress files from the folder. The main folder is generated automatically by your web host. Later, You can upload your HTML pages in your site folder to host a simple HTML based website.
If you will delete the main folder of your website and later you want to install WordPress or any other CMS, You will have to create the folder with the same name as your domain.
How To Delete WordPress.Com Account
If you really want to delete your WordPress Account then read all the information at Deleting Accounts page at WordPress.com.
- Go to the WordPress.com
- If you are not logged in, log in to your account.
- Visit your site’s settings page by clicking on My Site(s) and then Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page, and select Delete your site permanently
- Before deleting your site you will first be presented with the option to export your content. Once you’ve deleted your site, this content won’t be recoverable, so we advise you exporting the content to a .zip file before taking any further steps. You can do so by clicking the Export Content button.
- After exporting your all content, scroll deep down to find the delete site button.
- If you have multiple sites on your account, be sure to confirm that the correct site address is listed in the yellow alert bar.
- Tap on delete site button, Enter the address of the site (shown in red) into the provided field, then click the Delete this Site button.
- This is the final step – once you click Delete this Site your site will be deleted permanently.
After this, if any person wants to access your site, he will see a message stating that your site is no longer or deleted by the site admin.
If you like this Article, then Share it. your one small share at a time, and will continue encouraging me to do so. So I appreciate your support, my dear reader if you share this page on your social profile.